Monday, July 7, 2014

Cloud Hands coming soon (August 2014)

When we set about getting ready for my next release I wanted to try something a bit odd and not release Book 2 (although that one, Swords of Wudang, is possibly my favorite in the whole Tigers of Wulin series). Instead, we are going with the fictionalized, true story of Taijiquan's creation. While there is plenty of the story focusing on the art's creation by Zhang Sanfeng and Martial Artists will see familiar faces (Yang Luchan, Chen Family etc) the story focuses on He Zhaoyuan, the creator of He-Style Taijiquan. It was another one of the stories growing alongside the Tigers of Wulin but is set....hold on, can't give that away just yet. Tigers of Wulin is set in a certain time period but we can't find out exactly when for a book or 2. Let's just say Cloud Hands (the final name of the Taijiquan story) is set between 1820-1890, a different time frame to the main series. 
This story is one I never thought I would write due to not wanting to depict a person so dear to me in any false light. But with ample detail provided by the He Family I was able to construct a story that sticks entirely to fact (in relation to He Zhaoyuan) and one I am deeply proud of. When you write about a person you have admired for your entire adult life it is daunting to write about them in a fictional sense. I hope I have honored a man that should be known by all Martial Artists for his embodiment of the Martial and Healing aspects of these arts we treasure so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment